Octopus day


So finally I bought a watercolor palette! And I enjoyed experimenting so much in the last couple of days that I pushed calligraphy aside during this time, and then had to deal with the sense of guilt.

My first try with the new watercolor palette - I named it "The purple galaxy"

Soon I realized how to resolve the problem and wrote a couple of words on my already existing watercolor paintings, so it all came together. In the end of the day it was all just some time investment to create some backgrounds, wasn't it?!

The first thing I learnt and want to share with you: be patient in case you want to write on your painting! Wait until the paper dries completely, otherwise you will end up with spiderwebs and other funny shapes you would not want in your creation.  Even if it is just a bit damp, it is not going to work, trust me!

I found a couple of cute octopus pictures recently on Pinterest that insipired my imagination, so I created my own watercolor-calligraphy octopus picture in today's sunny afternoon.

My calligraphy octopus
Altogether, using watercolor is much easier than I thought it would be, and it is a lot of fun! It was a very little investment - I spent approximately 2.5 euros on 12 colors- and has endless ways to use. Even though I have only got one brush yet, I could play around for hours and hours and never get bored.

My goal for next week is to learn and create beautiful soft backgrounds for my words and quotes. I will show you the process and the results, stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Octopus day

So finally I bought a watercolor palette! And I enjoyed experimenting so much in the last couple of days that I pushed calligraphy aside d...