three...two...one...

Here it is! Finally, after years of empty excuses I convinced myself to jump right into it and start my calligraphy journey straight away. Oh how I wish I had done it sooner!

Years ago I got an amazing calligraphy kit from my lovely brother, and ever since I have been planning to learn to use the dip pen properly. 

Finally the decision has been made! I sat down a couple of days ago, and started to play around with the pen and do some of the exercises I had read about before. And I am telling you; it feels magical!

(Not my own work just yet, but I am on the way! )

The sound of the nib scratching the paper, ink blots on my hands, and laughing at some of the crooked results were all part of this exciting experience in the very first hour of practice, and then again and again the following 2 days. But first and foremost: I felt complete peace. The peace I have been craving for such a long time!

So here I am, at the beginning of my learning process. I decided to share it with you all, with all its ups and downs, from the first shaky lines towards waking the sleeping artist inside me.

And my long term goal? Help people, small businesses and organizations with good causes make a difference. That is why I started. And I am on the way figuring out how to do that.

Welcome!


(source: http://pinterest.com/pin/342555115397318550/?source_app=android)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Octopus day

So finally I bought a watercolor palette! And I enjoyed experimenting so much in the last couple of days that I pushed calligraphy aside d...